Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Did you own a calculator watch before calculator watches were cool? Then get in touch! We’re looking for a sharp, organized number cruncher to join our small but mighty finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey stays healthy and grows. If you’re ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking finance skills to the Monkey, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a leader who works proactively to drive results and has experience in process improvement. The Director of Accounting Operations will be a key member of the Finance organization and will report to the Chief Accounting Officer. This role has oversight for the Payables and Disbursements function responsible for handling accounts payable, expense reporting and payroll. This person is a self-starter, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Oversee the accounting operations for the Payables and Disbursement function
- Continue to streamline and develop scalable processes and policies for accounts payable, expense reporting and payroll
- Serve as key liaison with business partners in other parts of the organization
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all relevant federal/state payroll laws and regulations to ensure compliance
- Ensure the policies and procedures are documented, updated and compliant with U.S. GAAP, all necessary government regulations, and SOX requirements
- Develop and mentor the Payables & Disbursements team
- Benchmark with industry peers on best practices related to accounting, systems, policies, and processes
- Support external audits, including payroll related audits
- Support and assist the accounting team with the monthly closings and account reconciliations, as needed
- Responsible for accurate monthly/quarterly/annual filing requirements (W-2s, 1099s)
- Establish and monitor department goals and key metrics
- Ensures all members of the team provide a consistently high level of service and high quality work
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience; 5+ years of management experience
- Good understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Experience in leading successful system implementations for growth and scale
- Ability to design, implement, manage and streamline complex processes
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with leaders and employees at all levels in the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to interact with business leaders including the senior executives
- Ability to attract, retain, and lead a high performing team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Solid knowledge of SOX compliance requirements
- High Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Experience with payroll software platforms and HRMS systems, (experience with Ultipro is a plus!)
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.