Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
We are re-architecting our account and identity platform. SurveyMonkey has evolved beyond our original core survey offering to include a host of other products, e.g. Enterprise, CX, Engage, TechValidate, and Apply. Our identity platform must grow to encompass all of the products in our portfolio to ensure a seamless and consistent experience for our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, build, and maintain high traffic services across multiple data regions
- Adapt existing identity models to provide a single identity across our growing suite of portfolio products
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Design fault tolerant systems that can scale, and allow us to move quickly without impacting customer access
- Build observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor and guide engineers on best practices
- 12+ years of experience with backend web application development.
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases (MSSQL and MySQL experience is a plus)
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with others (not a solo hacker)
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
- Experience building high-traffic APIs and websites
- Experience with modern security and access control practices
- Experience with continuous integration (frequent deployments)
- Material contributions to open source projects
- Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration
- Experience with multi-region data center architecture
Technologies we Use
- SQL Server, MySQL, Memcached
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, paid holidays and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.